Now using less external services!
So back in 2019 I moved the site from WordPress to Jekyll (using Minimal Mistakes), and from Gandi to AWS Serverless.
About a year later I moved it to Github Pages, which supports Jekyll out of the box. Site was fronted with Cloudflare for HTTPS.
Some changes I’ve done this week:
- Removed Google analytics. I’ve never looked at the data, I don’t really care either.
- Removed Cloudflare from the equation as Github pages supports HTTPS these days.
- Removed Disqus for commenting and converted everything to Giscus. I used Brice Dutheil’s excellent conversion tool to convert the comments to Github Discussions.