Here’s a simple howto on how to install an ARM crosscompiling environment on your Debian Unstable:
- Install crosscompiler packages from http://debian.speedblue.org/
- Create a virtual deb package extraction directory:
- Create the directory /usr/arm-deb
- Create the directory /usr/arm-deb/usr
- Create the following symlinks in /usr/arm-deb/usr:
- ln -s /usr/arm/bin /usr/arm-deb/usr/bin
- ln -s /usr/arm/lib /usr/arm-deb/usr/lib
- ln -s /usr/arm/include /usr/arm-deb/usr/include
- ln -s /usr/arm/share /usr/arm-deb/usr/share
This will allow easy package extraction.
Now, download the packages you need manually (from http://packages.debian.org/ and extract them in the directory using dpkg -x <package file> /usr/arm-deb
To compile something, you first have to add /usr/arm/bin to your path (export PATH=/usr/arm/bin:$PATH), set include paths to those include files (export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/arm/include") and add
-host=arm-linux to your ./configure.
Happy compiling ;)