I recently acquired a second-hand HTC One X. A week or two back HTC decided to release the JellyBean update for the phone, all was well. Yesterday, another update was sighted on XDA, and since it seems like this one gives better battery life, I didn’t feel like waiting another 3-5 weeks before it became available in my country, so I searched on how to manually flash an OTA.
As always, this procedure comes with no guarantees it will work for you. It might as well decide to eat your cat, or turn your blood into liquid metal (if you don’t have a cat).
For a reason not to be mentioned here, I needed to install Windows XP (legal license) on my Macbook. Easily done, Boot Camp Assistant, install windows, install drivers, the works.
Then I wanted to update to Boot Camp 2.1, to be able to update windows to SP3.
Big nono. Didn’t want to install. Update constantly failed, no matter what.
After some googling, I ran across this post on the MacRumors Forums, which basically says that to install it, you need to open up your registry editor (start -> run -> regedit.exe), do a search for “Boot Camp Services” and locate the key which reads “Language”. Modify it, and change the Decimal value to 1033 (hex 409).
Restart the installer after this, and it’ll install. Go figure.
Changes made from v2.0633.65.01 to v3.0633.69.00
- Reading of SMS time stamp information unified between regions
- SMS sending from SIM Toolkit – Profile 07 improved
- Unicode Handling with Turkish characters corrected
- Correction to fetching email from freemail server
- Intellisync: Searching a contact for the first time improved
- After the startup, the phone recognizes the language to use from the SIM card
- SMSC is re-read from SIM after switch on
- Improvement of co-operation of Gizmo VoIP client and Internet voice mailbox
- SIP Proxy Authentication corrected in outgoing call if two SIP profiles with same realm and user name
- Correction of Chinese word corruption with WAP browser
- Searching in hebrew from portal corrected
- Wap GET/POST forms corrected when using Greek characters
- Reset during WAP browsing and MT calls corrected
- Start-up settings updated
- Settings Wizard updated
- Start-up date changed to 1.1.2008
- Correction of NITZObserver with negative time zone values
- Localization improvements
Needed equipment for software update:
- Phoenix Service Software version 2007.44.4.31162 or later
- Product Data Package v6.0
- PKD-1/PK-1 Dongle & Flash Prommer FPS-10 or CA-53 USB Cable
- Product specific service tools
I’ve just updated my list of applications I use on my Nokia E65. Go take a peek!