Software for the Nokia E65

After owning my Nokia E65 for about a month, here’s the list of apps I installed on it:

You can get the Handy Alarm, Handy Keylock and Handy Taskman as the Handy Essentials pack.

And ofcourse, some games:

phptelemeter 1.31 released

I’ve just released phptelemeter 1.31. This version includes the following changes:

  • Bugfix: empty proxy passwords caused the encryption mode to fail. (Thanks Ken on userbase.be for spotting this problem)
  • Changed returncode to 0 instead of -1 (255) (noticed by Gh0sty)
  • Fixed stupid mistake when creating a new config file with -n
  • Fixed problem in telemeter4tools parser, it didn’t output the right value for the used info (reported by Stijn Declercq)
  • Fixed some more warnings in E_ALL mode
  • Fixed scarlet_web date change bug (fixes: 1707175)
  • Fixed scarlet_web days left counting (and possibly others, general fix)
  • Changed publishers to show that you’ve used up all your quota instead of showing 0 MiB overuse (fixes: 1706094)
  • Implemented login detail obfuscation in debug logs (feature request: 1681619)
  • Implemented warn-email sending. (feature request: 1693396)
  • Added no_output publisher which gives no output (for use with warn-mail)
  • Implemented including files in the config file. (feature request: 1671787)
  • Implemented password encryption/obfuscation. (feature request: 1674607)

As per usual, you can download it from SourceForge.

Vmware and Linux-2.6.22

If you’re rolling your own kernels, and upgraded to 2.6.22, you might have bumped into a compilation issue:


include/asm/page.h: In function ‘pte_t native_make_pte(long unsigned int)’:
include/asm/page.h:112: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
include/asm/page.h:112: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{‘ token
include/asm/page.h:112: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
include/asm/page.h:112: error: expected `;’ before ‘}’ token

How to fix this:

  1. Download the vmware-any-any-update110.tar.gz update. Unpack in /tmp
  2. Go into the vmware-any-any-update110 directory, and untar the vmmon.tar file (tar xvf vmmon.tar)
  3. Execute the following command:
    sed -i ‘s!# include !!g’ vmmon-only/common/hostKernel.h
  4. Re-tar vmmon.tar (tar cvf vmmon.tar vmmon-only)
  5. run runme.pl

And you’re done!

Thanks to the Gentoo bug tracker and all persons posting on it for the ‘fix’.

As per always, if it eats your cat, it’s not my fault nor my problem! ;)

Edit: vmware-any-any-update112.tar.gz has been released meanwhile, which solves the above problem too.

Using Voipfone.co.uk on Nokia E65

I recently bought a Nokia E65, a very classy, handy, and feature-packed phone. One of the reasons I went with this one is because it has WiFi, which I want to use for making internet-calls. The SIP client is a bit of pita though to configure, but I finally managed to get it working.

How to configure the voipfone.co.uk voip service:

General info:
Profile Name: Voipfone
Public Username: XXXXXXXX@195.189.173.10 (xxxxxxxx = your 8 digit voipfone number beginning with 3)

Proxy Server:
Proxy server address: 195.189.173.10
Realm: asterisk
Username: XXXXXXXX (your 8 digit voipfone number beginning with 3)
Password: XXXXXX (your 6 digit password)
Allow loose routing: Yes
Transport Type: UDP
Port: 5060

Register Server:
Proxy server address: 195.189.173.10
Realm: asterisk
Username: XXXXXXXX (your 8 digit voipfone number beginning with 3)
Password: XXXXXX (your 6 digit password)
Allow loose routing: Yes
Transport Type: UDP
Port: 5060

These settings allowed me to connect over WiFi to the Voipfone.co.uk service.